The Many Benefits Of A Handheld Massager
It’s a massage therapist at your beck and call
With a handheld massager at home, gone are the days when you had to keep your masseur on speed-dial and spend a small fortune to help ease your aching muscles or strained back. Whether you choose a body roller, an electric massager or an infrared therapy machine, these nifty devices are designed to provide relief to your body and mind.
1. Soothe those aching muscles: Most of these massagers come with several attachments designed for different areas of your body, such as neck, back and shoulders. You can get rid of the pain and allow the body to relax from the day’s stress and refresh yourself for the next day’s work.
2. Detoxify: Since you are only massaging the muscles from the outside, the thought of dexofication may not cross your mind. However, massage improves blood circulation and stimulates the lymphatic system, which is responsible for helping your body get rid of toxins. It also helps fortify your immune system, allows better recovery from soft tissue injuries and improves joint flexibility and mobility.
3. Great skin: As a result of better circulation, massage also helps improve skin tone and glow. Regular massage leads to increase in the production of collagen in the body leading to better elasticity and fewer wrinkles, giving you a youthful look.
4. Stress reduction: That’s the first thing you notice about your mental state soon after a massage. When the muscles relax, so does your mind. The reason is simple—when your body is full of tense muscles, it not only results in pain and aches, but also increases anxiety and other complications. The physical release of muscle tension makes you feel good and also helps you sleep deeper.
5. Portable: You cannot take a personal massage therapist wherever you go nor can you afford one when you are on a holiday. But a handheld massager solves the problem. Most are small enough to fit in your hand luggage and are also easy to assemble whenever you are in the mood for a massage. They are affordable too.
Massage should always be done with proper care and in consultation with a doctor or physiotherapist.