Why You Need A Sturdy Bag For Your Camera
People often tend to ignore the importance of the right bag for their expensive camera
You are mistaken if you think that you can carry your expensive camera in a normal bag. Whether you’re a photography enthusiast who uses the camera occasionally or a professional who is always on the job, a good quality bag that will secure your equipment is very important.
Here are some of the things you should consider before buying a camera bag:
1. Before you zero in on a camera bag, you should know the equipment you will be carrying, your budget for the bag and whether you will be comfortable carrying it while going on a trek or a professional shoot.
2. If you know your camera well, it will be easy for you to choose a bag. Typically, there should be space for lenses, batteries, filters etc. But bags for mirrorless cameras or CSCs (compact system cameras) and DSLRs (digital single-lens reflex) are different. While CSC camera bags are smaller, the ones for DLSRs are bigger.
3. Shoulder or messenger bags are easy to carry and you can take out your camera quickly if you come across something interesting. If it is big enough, it can double as a multi-purpose bag wherein you can keep your laptop besides other camera equipment.
4. Holster bags are made keeping cameras in mind, hence they are compact and keep your equipment safe. But given their size, you cannot keep additional accessories inside the bag. Some bags can be hung around your waist, thereby giving your shoulder some respite.
5. Backpacks are convenient and you can carry the equipment easily. Camera backpacks are generally sturdy and are ideal for those who are constantly on the move.
6. If you carry heavy equipment all the time, then a roller camera bag can be a better bet. These bags are sturdy and designed for air travel too—you can place the bag in the overhead baggage bin.
In the end, you should go for something that you would like to use for a long time.