- Better Living
6 Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Bunk Bed
Kids simply love bunk beds, which are also space-savers
Is your kids’ room so cramped that they are constantly fighting over space? Say hello to bunk beds. After all, who doesn’t love one, especially when it comes to children?
Here are six things you need to keep in mind before buying a bunk bed:
1. Get your room measurements right. Space is a primary concern when installing a bunk bed: You need to ensure that there is sufficient space between the ceiling and the top of the bed, so that your kids don’t bump their heads.
2. Wood is good, but bunk beds come in metallic variants too. You could opt for all-wood or all-metal ones or a combination of the two. While metallic ones may be sturdy and durable, they are also more prone to temperature changes. Wooden ones, on the other hand, offer a classy and stylish look.
3. A sturdy bunk bed will, no doubt, last longer, but it always pays to invest more in safety features. For the upper berth, for example, you can have railings/guardrails installed so that the child doesn’t fall off the bed.
4. These beds come in two-tier or three-tier variants. But, there are also trundle beds— where the berths move in and out—which are well-suited for sleepovers. You can also customize the beds to attach even a study table or create additional storage space.
5. Stairs or ladders? No doubt a child loves climbing ladders, but take a decision based on space availability and your children’s preferences and safety.
6. You can go that extra mile to please your kids by choosing theme-based bunk beds based on their favourite fictional characters.