Why Underrated Face Mists Should Be A Beauty Essential
This versatile beauty product can change the way your skin looks and feels
A face mist is a multitasking hero and you should look beyond its usage as a spritz to understand its role in improving your skin. Here are five points that will convince you to include it in your everyday beauty routine:
1. Much like your body, your skin too needs proper hydration to look fresh, plump and young. But as the day progresses, whether you are working in an air-conditioned space or running errands outdoors, your skin starts losing its dewy, morning sheen and looks tired and dull. Instead of reapplying your makeup or splashing cold water on your face to refresh it, reach for a hydrating facial mist instead. Most facial mists come with a host of active ingredients and natural plant extracts that help restore your glow instantly.
2. A face mist is an all-weather wonder worker. “A facial mist can be refreshing and hydrating to the skin. It’s especially useful for those who have sensitive or extremely dry skin, travel frequently or live in dry climates,” Dr Kally Papantoniou, a New York-based cosmetic dermatologist and founder of Simply Dermatology, tells Forbes.
3. Depending on the ingredients in your mist—such as aloe vera, grape seed, rose, green tea or tea tree oil (which has anti-inflammatory qualities)—it can help tackle specific skin issues, such as breakouts and acne, redness and irritation.
4. Its lesser-known qualities also include smoother application of makeup. When applied before makeup, a face mist creates a smooth and hydrated canvas for your foundation to glide on and when applied after makeup, it ensures your makeup lasts longer. When sprayed before the application of a moisturizer, a face mist can help maximize its potential by improving the absorption of the product—resulting in hydrated skin.
5. Unless you go for an odourless mist, most face mists are infused with essential oils such as lavender, chamomile, rose, citrus, which are mood-boosters. When applied, these scents are known to help you relax.