- Better Living
Why Your Mattress Needs Protection
A mattress protector is a must-have if you want your mattress to last long
A mattress protector does a variety of jobs that you may have not even thought about. For one, you may not be able to wash your mattress, but you can always wash its protector. If you have a protector, the risks of your mattress getting stained or soiled are relatively low. There are other compelling reasons why you need a protector for your mattress. Here are some:
1. A protector adds to your mattress’ life by protecting it from daily wear and tear, spills and stains.
2. Most mattresses come with a warranty. But you can’t get a soiled or a stained mattress replaced, should you need to avail of the warranty. A protector, in that sense, ensures your mattress stays in a good condition so that replacing it within the warranty period is not difficult.
3. A good protector, by covering the mattress fully, will guard your mattress from dust mites, mould and mildew. Some protectors are mould- and mildew-resistant too, thereby providing you a safer environment to sleep in.
4. Seasons don’t matter if you have a protector that helps maintain a consistent temperature. Some protectors are especially designed to keep your bed cool. Further, with a protector, you are adding another layer of cushioning to your bed. This, in turn, can make the bed more comfortable and help you sleep better.
5. Protectors are made of various materials, such as cotton, bamboo, polyester, polyurethane, vinyl, etc. If you have a small child, you may want to opt for a waterproof protector.