You Love Playing Chess While On The Go? A Travel Chess Set Is What You Need
These portable magnetic chess sets let you enjoy the game no matter how rough and bumpy the ride is
If you are a chess enthusiast and don’t like your game being interrupted due to a rough road or a rattling train or a mid-air turbulence, portable chess boards can be perfect for you. And, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are some things you need to keep in mind before zeroing in on a travel chess set:
1. The size of the chess board is the most important thing to consider, especially when you want to take it along during your travels. It should not be too small that you struggle to play and it should not be too bulky either. Go for a set that you feel is perfect for play.
2. Weight of the chess board is the next thing that you should consider. Since most travel chess boards are magnetic, you should lean towards those that can better hold the pieces and yet not weigh too much. The pieces should be lightweight and proportional.
3. See to it that the chess set has strong magnets that can withstand the jerks and bumps.
4. Should you go for a wooden or a plastic chess set? Wooden chess boards tend to be heavier but are elegant. On the other hand, you have durable plastic chess sets too, which are well-crafted and lightweight. It ultimately depends on what you prefer.
5. The range is vast when comes to travel chess boards. Once you know whether you want just a functional, portable chess board or a board that reflects your personal style, you will be in a better position to draw a budget and arrive at a decision.